Friday, December 6, 2013

Thoughts From My Happy Place

If you've been on a college campus lately, you may have noticed a sense of impending doom in the air. Final exams are upon us and if you're like me, it's the most dreaded time of the year. I've been studying for a while now, and I decided that I needed a break to unwind and relax before my marathon study session on Sunday. So, naturally, I packed up Napoleon (my beloved VW Beetle) and got on the road to the Walt Disney World Resort. 


Disney World is one of my favorite places in the entire world (second only to the French Riviera) and I have been very lucky to be an Annual Passholder during my stay at Stetson. I got the Annual Pass because I had expected that there would be more students who had one as well, but I haven't been very successful in finding a Disney buddy. I've found most people think that Disney is overpriced, childish, and overrated. I recognize their opinion and raise them my sequined mouse ears.

Our society has become so jaded. It seems like happily ever afters, dreams coming true, and imagination are things of the past. Which, I suppose, is valid considering 40 to 50 percent of American marriages end in divorce. However, I don't want to live in a world that doesn't believe in happily ever afters! Disney has taught me to strive for that happy ending. It's taught me to pursue my dreams through hard work and determination. It's taught me not to settle for anything less than success. 

When I walk through the gates into the parks, there's just a sense of wonder that fills the air. I love seeing families come together and make happy memories. I love seeing cast members welcome guests with a smile and a robust greeting. I love the amount of detail that goes into each and every corner of the parks. Even the bathrooms are themed beautifully! Not to mention the sense of camaraderie that comes from standing in line for Soarin' for 180 minutes! 

One of the biggest lessons I've learned from Disney is to sprinkle pixie dust everywhere I go. You'd be surprised what a few polite words or a gesture of kindness can do! Friendliness and respect are really big deals on Disney property. You can bet on being greeted by the cast members, you can bet on impeccable service, and you can bet on promptness, courtesy, and kindness.  My challenge for you is to remember to spread some Disney magic everywhere you go and together, maybe, we can bring back the happily ever after for all! 

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney 

Have a Magical Day! 
Kate xox

No comments:

Post a Comment