Sunday, December 8, 2013

A Sweet Study Break

Exam week starts tomorrow and that means it's study session cramming time! My first exam is for Modern Western Civilization and I'm nervous because I'm really not a history person. Give me bacteria samples and a micropipette any day, but ask me to memorize dates, people, and locations? No thanks! 

I've been frantically flipping through flashcards all morning and figured it was about time for a study break! I've been living with my grandparents for a while now because my living arrangements at college were not working out, so I've really enjoyed having access to a full (and clean!) kitchen. My grandparents are gluten-free, so I decided to whip up a double batch of my grandma's 4 Ingredient Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies. They're really quite simple to make, and they taste great, which makes them the perfect cookie to bake for a last minute Christmas party, or if you just need to tear yourself away from your textbooks for a while. I've made them for my small group a few times when I was the unofficial official snack bringer and they get the grandpa seal of approval, so you know they're good! 
Grandma's Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies

                                                                 Here's the recipe: 
                                                      2 cups of natural peanut butter 
                                                                     2 large eggs
                                                            2 cups granulated sugar
                                                             1 tablespoon of vanilla
                                     Optional: miniature chocolate chips for sprinkling! 

First, preheat your oven to 375 degrees. 
Mix all your ingredients in a large mixing bowl until well blended. 
Use a small cookie scoop or measuring spoon to make 1 tablespoon balls of dough on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. These cookies get sticky because of the peanut butter, so you'll want to make sure you don't skip the parchment paper! 
Flatten the cookies down with the back of a spoon or fork. If you want to top them with chocolate chips, sprinkle them on top of the flattened cookies now. Bake them for about 10 minutes. You know they're done when the edges are golden brown. The cookies come out of the oven a little gooey, but will firm up as they cool. Enjoy them straight out of the oven or at room temperature! 




Good luck to everyone who has exams coming up! 
Kate xox


1 comment: